Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

A Little This and That...

Finally, the traveling for my real job is over! I made it to the other side! And I'm taking this whole week off for a little down time. The ole gal can't hang like she used to! 

While I'm off this week, I'm going to play with my Ustream set up with my new tripod and webcam. I hope to give it another go one evening this week. I'll be sure to post it on my Inky Obsessions FaceBook page when I'm going to blast off and go live. If you haven't yet signed up to follow me on Ustream, please do and you'll be notified whenever I go live. 

I've made some YouTube videos on my process for doing my Inky Folders, so please go check those out if you haven't seen them. 

Here are some little ditties I've been playing with recently...

I have found another really easy, really fun technique to make background papers -- assuming I don't asphyxiate myself first! CitraSolv on National Geographic pages! There's something in the ink that Nat'l Geo uses and how CitraSolv makes it react that gives you really cool, organic results. 
































































 Then I decided to add some gesso and Dylusions White Linen Ink Spray...











Using some of my gelli tape to put a quick cover on a Moleskine journal using Elmers glue with a wet brush...





Some pics of the journal page using the gelli tape...




 Notice the gelli tape strips used above.




 More gelli tape strips above. 



And finally, some pics of the completed inky folders I started in the 3 part YouTube video...





























Well, that was rather heavy on the photos! 

Stay tuned for the Ustream launch sometime later this week!!! 

Have a great 4th of July!!! 

Patti 













14 comments:

  1. a couple of notes for you. If you go to the Citrasolv website, there are galleries where people have sent in photos of what they have done with NG pages. You were using music pages, I also like to use dictionary, encyclopedia or chemistry book pages. People are throwing away encyclopedias because of the internet.
    If you let the citrasolv pages air out somewhere, the smell will go mostly away. I keep them in a plastic bag between times. It's fun to play isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of fun for sure! Thanks for the tip about the CitraSolv website, I'll go check that out. Like the plastic bag idea too! Happy you are here.

      Delete
  2. Hey Patti, great samples. Your art is always great and inspiring. Next time I see you remind me to tell you the Citrasolv story. I was ready to use a laxative (forget the name but very close in spelling)cause I had the name spelled wrong! You should have seen the guy's face at Trader Joe's when he asked me what it was for!!!. I guess he was thinking "poop" art. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. oh yes, forgot the next best part, when I told him you can only use on National Geo. paper. wish I had a camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He probably turned in his resignation after you left! LOL

      Delete
  4. These are great! I love the national geographic pages. What is the bumpy textured paint on the folders? I like the metallic drips too.
    <3, Chandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chandra, I think the bumpy paint you are referring to are some viva decor products. The turquoise that has a gold sheen is one of the 3D gels. The orange bits are viva decor too. More of a sandy texture.

      Delete
  5. I watched your video . . . so fun you are!!!! . . . . but I can't remember who made the masks and stencils for the ones you centered and showed here . . . can you list those somewhere? . . . maybe you already do but I can't find it . . . and you were right, Andrew Skinner is the name of the artist that does the awesome geli plate work and whose stencils you own :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Judy, thanks for watching the video! Are you talking about the ones I used on the inky folders? If so, they are all Crafters Workshop stencils -- Zinia, Mayan Calendar, and Echoes. Love them! Andrew Skinner surely can make magic on the gelli plate. Incredible to watch his videos. Thanks for being here.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My my! What fun you're having! Thx for sharing...and the inspiration.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  8. cannot wait to get my istencils and start trying to create hopefully works of art like you. see you tonite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to 'seeing' you tonight too! You will LOVE your iStencils! So many possibilities.

      Delete